Ideas into Action: Creativity and Innovation online training course
A fun, fast-paced, e-learning program to build your innovative brain into that of a creative genius!
An online multi-phase creativity skills training program that is the equivalent of a one-day face-to-face training program in the Creative Process and Innovation. Designed to energize your innovative genius, this is no mere innovation webinar. This course focuses on improving the participants’ creative and innovative:
Bite-Sized Learning Modules:
The course is designed for busy professionals who are unable or unwilling to travel or spend an entire day away from the office. The eLearning offering is delivered online (or through an iPod) in bite-size segments that require about ten minutes per day, plus two 1 hour sessions. The ten-minute sessions are asynchronous, so they can be viewed whenever and wherever is convenient. The two-one hour sessions are scheduled at least a week apart to both reduce the impact of the time interruption and increase skill transfer.
Below is a 3½ minute sample video:
Designed and Proven For Many Types of Groups:
This content and method has been piloted and proven in a wide variety of training contexts, at both the junior and most senior organizational levels, and the characters and imagery work with audiences of any function, nationality, age, race or gender.
More Than Just Watching and Listening: Participative Too!
Both the innovation curriculum and learning methods are supported by research on creative thinking and innovation skills improvement. Guided by adult learning theory and behavior change research, we’ve incorporated accelerated learning methods that connect to multiple learning preferences. This is not a talking heads program. It is visually rich, experiential, motivational and has direct, immediate practical application for the participant.
- Approximately 6 hours over 3–4 weeks
- Group Size:
- This course is run for groups of up to 24 participants
OR, individuals can take the program as well, and includes 2 hours of telephone based discussion and coaching with one of our executive coaches.
Want more? Contact us… we don't bite!
In this program you will learn:
- How to avoid ruining innovative thinking: Your gator brain (one fifteen minute asynchronous module)
- How to create new solutions: Creative process (series of ten minute asynchronous modules)
- How to generate innovative solutions: Creative process tools and techniques (series of ten minute asynchronous modules)
- How to work more effectively with others based on your FourSight Breakthrough Thinking profile (one-hour synchronous webinar or personalized executive coaching session)
- How to apply the creative process: Facilitated innovation session on real organizational challenge (one-hour synchronous online facilitation or personalized executive coaching session)
Basic Course Design (approximately 3 weeks)
- Pre-mailing (introduction, overview, log-in information)
- Part I: Basics of creative thinking and innovation
- Part II: Creative Process
- Part III: Application of Creative Process for Innovation
- Final mailing: Certificate and reinforcement items
After the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the need and value of creative thinking as the basis for innovation
- Experience and overcome their own current limitations to creative thinking
- Understand their preferences for creative thinking and how to leverage their own strengths and compensate for areas of development.
- Apply the basic principles necessary to create opportunities and solve problems
- Use tools and techniques to productively generate, evaluate and build new ideas